Wednesday 11 December 2013

Having an "ah-ha!" moment



As opposed to having an "a-ha" moment....

There are a few reasons why I've been missing-in-action here on the blog, although not, thankfully, in my handwritten journal: the last three weeks or so, I've been laid low with a really nasty cold that developed complications, as well as the reappearance of a chronic problem I thought was mostly beat, and something new I've added to my list of health issues.

Abandoned

But before my health turned down a side track, I found myself confronted, and then preoccupied (as is my way), with a frustrating emotional conundrum. I was unsure of know how to deal with it, but had the awful, horrible, gut-wrenching feeling that someone in my past reminded me of the person in the present, and that I needed to figure out who it was to trigger the memory of how I resolved the issue then so I could move on now.

Colour study

Well, I finally did that today, which shows the power of being able to get out and have some exercise as well: another vital element in my life that has been in short supply lately, with our blizzards and windchills of -40 (Fahrenheit and Celcius). As part -- and maybe most -- of me suspected, the answer had been staring me in the face for awhile: all I had to do was name the beast.

Time to cover up

Realizing this won't eliminate the pain of losing a relationship that might otherwise have some real potential in my future, but I'm hoping it means that the hurt won't immobilize me the way it has.

Sigh

There's another emotional issue I'm still trying to deal with that's been weighing on my mind as well, and I'm hoping that having some time alone and away from Calgary over Christmas is going to help sort that issue too.

I haven't been shooting many pictures lately either, but I feel the urge to do more of it. And soon.

Transient

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.