Wednesday 21 May 2008

Pressed for time

A really useful tool

It's been two weeks since I posted an entry, and I'm not exactly sure where the time has gone.

Finally finished sorting through the 1+ GB of pictures I took on my trip, and posted them up to Flickr in this collection, which has everything broken down by day. Some of the pictures have been added to other groups and sets already, but I know I have a lot more work to do in sorting them.

One thing I have been doing is cooking a lot: it's not that I didn't have a kitchen to putter in when I was in Pennsylvania, but I had neither the time nor the energy to do more than the scullery basics there.

And I've been thinking a lot about what I did, how I did it, and perhaps most importantly, why I was creating the work I was doing.

A project I've been doing a bit more than simply thinking about is one that I had done a preliminary sketch (in this case, I wrote a title and a list of constituent parts down on my growing list of planned projects). Found the picture I want to use, priced out one of the components, and am trying to figure out the best way to put them together. How would you attach a picture to a metal rail?

Last weekend's nice weather meant I was able to get out and put a couple of coats of polyurethane on my new bookpress (that's Don's in the picture above): I really got a lot of use out of his when I was there, and he presented me with two pieces of baseboard cut and drilled before I left. Four dollars' worth of carriage bolts, washers, and wing nuts at Home Depot later, and mine is now ready for use.

Speaking of Don, he finally got around to blogging about my adventure there -- check out his perspective of my time in the wilds of northeastern PA....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.