Monday 4 February 2008

Winter in Calgary

Frosty 2

Cross my frigid fingers -- the January cold snap is supposed to be over tomorrow, and all things being equal, the BBQ will be fired up on Wednesday. It's been a couple of weeks, and I'm going through withdrawal.

In the meantime (and with windchills in the -40C range, it has been a mean time), there have been redeeming features, like this frosty arrangement on our deck door last week.

The box for How to Make a Peacock Fly looks great -- I've got to line the two parts of the lid, but that's it: the fishing fly part of the project, however, doesn't. Part of the problem is I don't tie a lot, and it takes me awhile to get back into it when I finally sit down, while I think most of the rest has to do with simply not being able to execute what I can visualize.

It's frustrating, to put it mildly. Without the fly, I can't finish the ox-plow book part either.

But I'm slugging on: it's not like there's any pressure to finish it, except that I want to include a picture of it in my grant application that's due next week, and it has to be at the gallery in ten days.

Yeah, right: no pressure at all.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - sorry about the c-c-cold, but I haveto say, that is one gorgeous photo. Vermont produced nothing like that!
    Melissa
    hoping you are warmed up and barbie-satiated now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warmer, you bet -- temperature actually made it up to freezing this afternoon.

    But I can't get enough snow away from the propane tank to make the 'que thing happen. Darn!

    Could be worse, and it will be Friday, when we get back to the deep freeze.

    ReplyDelete

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.