Tuesday 28 August 2007

Still "In Progress"

Still in progress

I started working on What I Felt more than a year ago, soon after my mother died: Alzheimer's began to take over her brain just as I started graduate school in 1998, but I know she would have been thrilled to see the work I've been doing with books in the last couple of years.

Regular readers of this blog will recall seeing some of my previous tales in bringing this book into the world, and I figured it's about time you actually saw the text block for it. In fact, there are two: the one pictured above, and another labelled Artist Proof that will be sent to the creator of the typeface I used.

Before I iron the fusible webbing onto the back of the felt covers, I'm going to feather out the edges of the felt a bit, much like one would pare down leather covers to eliminate some of the bulk. I was hoping to get to that this past week, but I've been slogging my way through writing two more applications (one for a solo show and one for a grant).

And I've got to get them done today, as I'm heading up to Edmonton to hand-deliver both, do a little gallery-crawling, take some pictures of type, and visit with a few friends.

So back to the grindstone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books for Sale

The shop is currently empty.